Spayed and Neutered Pets live a healthier and longer life!
At Raritan Animal Hospital, we believe in the importance of spaying and neutering puppies and kittens to provide them with a long and healthy life.
Spaying or neutering your pet will reduce common problems such as:
- A pyometra, or uterine infection, is a potentially life-threatening condition which can cost thousands of dollars to treat. Occurrence is 100% preventable if your pet is spayed.
- Over one half of all mammary tumors are malignant and can spread to other areas of the body. Early spaying, prior to your pet beginning its heat cycles, significantly reduces the incidence of tumor formation.
- There are more puppies and kittens overpopulating shelters than there are people willing to provide them with love and care. Sadly, many are euthanized.
- Testicular cancer can be eliminated and prostatitis, an infection causing malignant or benign swelling of the prostate, can be greatly reduced with early neutering.
- Unwanted behavioral problems such as dominance aggression, marking territory and wandering can be avoided with early spaying/neutering.
For the health, happiness and comfort of your pet, we are also pleased to offer radiowave technology as part of our surgical services. With radiowave surgery, your pet will require anesthesia for a shorter period of time in addition to experiencing shorter post-surgical healing.
A radiofrequency electrode tip becomes energized by the radiowaves but does not become hot. The ultra high frequency radiowaves provide specific and delicate tissue interaction. This results in a focused cutting and coagulating effect, which disintegrates and volatilizes single cells minimizing the amount of tissue destruction. Healing is rapid and painless with the formation of a supple tissue identical to surrounding normal tissue.